Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Pahrumpus.....

Currently camped with 8 other VanDwellers on the BLM desert overlooking Pahrump, Nevada. A beautiful spot of pristine Desert Tortoise habitat with my vagabond family...and they are awesome. Ranging in age from low 30's to high 60's we are close to the temperature range these days here in the desert.
Friend Paul and I went over to Death Valley last week for a few days and checked out the wildflower bloom although it is a bit late and not as impressive as I was told other years have been.
Still gorgeous and I will load some photos in a while to show them.
I enjoyed my 66th birthday with this family yesterday. Wayne H., "desert chef supreme" made us all a dual crockpot Yankee Pot roast that was good enough to knock your socks off...onions, baby carrots, potatoes and lots of really good juices......mmmmm... then Brian G. one of out new arrivals, baked me a chocolate cake with vanilla icing that went perfectly with the French vanilla ice cream!
Sister Charlene presented me with a beautifully rendered pencil drawing of his nibs that I will have framed when anchored again and keep forever. I don't usually like photos of me (they show me way older and way fatter than I am)...ahem.. but this is a very, very complimentary rendering and well done. In fact I wish I could draw half as good as she can....Thank you sister Charlene...one more member of this amazing mobile family I am so grateful to be a member of.
Chinookie is broken, not terribly but enough so that I have an appointment with Mr. Goodwrench this morning to fix the power steering pump mounting bracket.
Paul and I were able to pull off a nice field fix near the top of Jubilee Pass on our way out of Death Valley. I thank my angels for reminding me to carry an extra serpentine belt and lots of mechanic's wire and tools. And traveling with a good friend to help figure out the threading of the belt with two bogus illustrations. Ah, those pesky engineers!
Be well and keep true to you,
ManyWheels

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the Chinookie woes, but it sure sounds like you are having a great time anyway so keep at it! Happy Birthday again Bri! We miss you!

    -Mike & Heidi
    97 Roadtrek 170P "Taj Ma Trek"
    http://vantramps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all sounds like a great time! And with good friends, a real
    'tribe' !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mike, Heidi and Pam....we hit 10 folks with VJ passing through...making it a total of 11 at this gathering...Paul left yesterday and I am leaving today though...the road calls.

    ReplyDelete


Baja mellow

Baja Bri

Me and my buddy

Me and my buddy
Bri and "Dina Whitesocks the Dancing Dervish Dog"

B.O.B. and Dina

B.O.B. and Dina

Followers

About Me

My photo
well, I am a 70 year old married man with a couple of sons and 4 grand kids and am currently wending my way around the planet in any way that I find interests me. I am a retired mechanic, certified motorcycle nut, ride a sidecar rig and practice living in the moment. I am a 31 year friend of Bill and Bob and have lived a life beyond my wildest dreams.