Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Travel...

Aha....Kit rolls in tonight and tomorrow we are off to the old isles....the UK. Good friends are staying and watching over my little fur-buddy Dina and I know she will be in great hands....

So much I want to see and "feel" in England! We will be thorough and will stay in southern England, east to west and back. Some just to see sacred sites and areas and some to see where my very ancient ancestors were rooted.

I wish there was time to take my metal detector along and do some treasure hunting...it is awesome in the UK....you can find Roman artifacts and celtic pieces in the same fields sometimes.... 

An interesting aside is that the DNA retrieved from remains in barrows dated back as far as 4000 years before Roman occupation matches up with DNA from present day citizens. Does that not mean they are indigenous?

I hope to find at least some little connection to early oral traditions and feel something of what my forebears felt...well except for the drunken Laird of the Manor in Shaftsbury of the 1500's....I know enough about the cups!

More later friends and I wish I could take you all with me.

I am going with the belief that I am in the Creator's hands and my health will hold steady throughout the trip.

Be Peace,

MWB

3 comments:

  1. I hope you have a lovely fun, safe, healthy trip, Brian. I have never been to the UK; I would love to see it but have no plans for the future. So if you want to share any stories and pics that would be nice (hint hint :) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Meg,
    I will add stuff as it happens....
    Peace,
    MWB

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so happy for you! Hope you make it to Cornwall. Truly enchanted:)

    ReplyDelete


Baja mellow

Baja Bri

Me and my buddy

Me and my buddy
Bri and "Dina Whitesocks the Dancing Dervish Dog"

B.O.B. and Dina

B.O.B. and Dina

Followers

About Me

My photo
well, I am a 70 year old married man with a couple of sons and 4 grand kids and am currently wending my way around the planet in any way that I find interests me. I am a retired mechanic, certified motorcycle nut, ride a sidecar rig and practice living in the moment. I am a 31 year friend of Bill and Bob and have lived a life beyond my wildest dreams.