Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Out of Canada and none too soon....

Dang! I guess I had forgotten how expensive things are for our northern neighbors. Gas was anywhere from 95.9 cents to $1.04 a liter. Ice was up to $2.80 for a five pound bag and I don't think it is because of the money difference. There is only about .07 difference these days.

Anyway, I am camping in Letchfield State Park in upper eastern New York state and the place is just gorgeous. I drove here through very gently rolling land, farms and fields interspersed with trees of all kinds, some even starting to turn colors...very much like New England.

Tomorrow I will meet up with Jon B. and camp with him at his camp for a few days near Ithaca....

I am feeling a bit disjointed as I dashed through Ontario way too fast and did not enjoy it like I have other places...my bad....but will slow down now.

I am thinking today, just how much I love this country we live in and how much I value the freedom of movement. We are so blessed to be able to move when and where we want and so many in the world cannot, whether it is a political or financial barrier. I am very happy to be an American today and so often I take it for granted.....I have posted this sentiment before but it is so true for me...
Peace,
ManyWheels

No comments:

Post a Comment


Baja mellow

Baja Bri

Me and my buddy

Me and my buddy
Bri and "Dina Whitesocks the Dancing Dervish Dog"

B.O.B. and Dina

B.O.B. and Dina

Followers

About Me

My photo
well, I am a 70 year old married man with a couple of sons and 4 grand kids and am currently wending my way around the planet in any way that I find interests me. I am a retired mechanic, certified motorcycle nut, ride a sidecar rig and practice living in the moment. I am a 31 year friend of Bill and Bob and have lived a life beyond my wildest dreams.