Total Pageviews

Monday, September 5, 2011

More moto-fiddling...

I have been sitting around a lot due to the hot weather here the last few weeks and recuperating from a small surgical procedure but I seem to at least get one thing done a day toward a smoothly running, dependable sidecar rig to take to Mexico.

The latest fix is a small leak in one fork tube and the addition of Seafoam to a few tanks of gas to try and smooth out the motor a bit....

Seafoam brand engine additive is an expensive type of solvent you can mix with the fuel like you would with Techron or K100 and it cleans the engine from the inside by dissolving deposits of carbon and varnish, cleaning things like the valves, piston tops and maybe most important the carbs....this bike has four carbs....yep, sloppy, old school carburettors and they need to be kept spiffy clean on the inside....

Seafoam can be added to the engine oil and will then help to clean up things like the valve train, rings, crank and bearings, etc. I will do that with the next oil change.

I have been getting some good input from friends who travel Mexico a lot and the latest is that Baja Norte seems to have had a new revival this holiday weekend of tourists visiting and flooding the hotels, bars, restaurants and places of interest. This is so heartening since the narco violence has kept people away for so long and the Mexican economy needs this influx of tourist dollars...It makes it better for everyone including those of us planning trips there.

That's about it...not much to talk about...

ManyWheels....

No comments:

Post a Comment


Baja mellow

Baja Bri

Me and my buddy

Me and my buddy
Bri and "Dina Whitesocks the Dancing Dervish Dog"

B.O.B. and Dina

B.O.B. and Dina

Followers

About Me

My photo
well, I am a 70 year old married man with a couple of sons and 4 grand kids and am currently wending my way around the planet in any way that I find interests me. I am a retired mechanic, certified motorcycle nut, ride a sidecar rig and practice living in the moment. I am a 31 year friend of Bill and Bob and have lived a life beyond my wildest dreams.