Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Good morning....

I woke up at 3:00 AM and laid awake thinking about many things, not the least of which was how little is known about the early Druids.

I am really just amazed at time spans....like that the Romans occupied the British Isles for 400 years before pulling out. They interbred of course like any good occupier. We have been occupying North America for that long....and have interbred like any good occupier...
The Incas, while a very old culture, were only top dogs in western South America for 100 years before the Spanish came along and nearly exterminated them and colonized/occupied much of the continent..

Having been born and bred here in North America I have trouble with time spans longer than 400 years....
An interesting factoid is the the Camino Real trail between Mexico City and Santa Fe New Mexico is 4000 years old. 4000 years old!...that is a  long time in anyone's book.

So the Romans were in and out of Britain before the birth of Jesus of Nazareth.  The Druids were pretty much wiped out as the Romans began their occupation of Britain.

Now what I am learning is that many of our elder belief systems were pagan and held to the TRUTH of nature....including the Druids. Nature can only be truth, much of what we say and believe in our personal and collective imaginary worlds is untruth and fantasy.

Interesting and amazing....and excruciatingly simple.

Peace,
MWB



No comments:

Post a Comment


Baja mellow

Baja Bri

Me and my buddy

Me and my buddy
Bri and "Dina Whitesocks the Dancing Dervish Dog"

B.O.B. and Dina

B.O.B. and Dina

Followers

About Me

My photo
well, I am a 70 year old married man with a couple of sons and 4 grand kids and am currently wending my way around the planet in any way that I find interests me. I am a retired mechanic, certified motorcycle nut, ride a sidecar rig and practice living in the moment. I am a 31 year friend of Bill and Bob and have lived a life beyond my wildest dreams.