Total Pageviews

Monday, July 15, 2013

Ride up Emory Pass..

I was invited yesterday to do a day ride up in the Black Range with a couple of friends. Pat and Fred and I took a nice ride up to the Emory Pass overlook and it was the first time I had seen the burn from the Silver fire and how extensively  it had affected one of the most scenic rides in southern New Mexico.

It was pretty stunning to say the least. I took a pic from the overlook and it is of an  area that was completely treed and green a month ago....

And here are a couple of the view from Truth or Consequences while the fire was raging.




For those who aren't aware, this was a fire in Kit's forest and what has occupied her dispatch center for the last few weeks....it is effectively out now with the advent of the monsoonal rains...thankfully.

Peace,
MWB

No comments:

Post a Comment


Baja mellow

Baja Bri

Me and my buddy

Me and my buddy
Bri and "Dina Whitesocks the Dancing Dervish Dog"

B.O.B. and Dina

B.O.B. and Dina

Followers

About Me

My photo
well, I am a 70 year old married man with a couple of sons and 4 grand kids and am currently wending my way around the planet in any way that I find interests me. I am a retired mechanic, certified motorcycle nut, ride a sidecar rig and practice living in the moment. I am a 31 year friend of Bill and Bob and have lived a life beyond my wildest dreams.